CDL-Certified Medical Examiner Course
Let the WSMA help you become a
certified medical examiner.
WSMA offers convenient CDL-CME training from the comfort of your home or office.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has established the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners, requiring all health care professionals who conduct physical examinations of interstate commercial motor vehicle drivers to:
- Complete training that is accredited by a nationally recognized medical profession accrediting organization to provide continuing education units and meets the FMCSA standards.
- Pass a certification exam to demonstrate that the medical examiner is qualified and competent to conduct physical examinations of drivers who wish to obtain their interstate commercial driver’s license, and once the exam is passed, register on the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners.
- Maintain competence by periodic training and testing.
Beginning May 21, 2014, the FMCSA will accept as valid from CDL drivers only medical examiners’ certificates issued by medical examiners listed on the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners. These requirements support FMCSA’s goal to improve safety and reduce fatalities on our nation’s highways.
In response to this new federal requirement, the WSMA is now a registered NRCME-training provider for medical professionals seeking to be listed on the national registry's website. WSMA’s online training course is designed to meet the core curriculum requirements for medical examiners. Upon completing the training, you will be prepared and qualified to take the NRCME certification exam.
There are training courses available from various organizations; however, WSMA has eliminated the need to research all available programs before you decide. WSMA’s course is 100 percent online (conducted at your own pace). This activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Other non-member health care professionals may also enroll in our training course; however, WSMA’s members receive a discounted rate.
- Suggestions/references to pre-course reading/reference materials.
- Ability to start/stop/pause training according to your schedules.
- Six months unlimited 24/7 access from your PC, laptop, iPhone, iPad or other mobile device.
- Printable course materials.
- Pre-test, post-test and case studies/reviews to assist in preparing for the certification exam.
- Course certificate immediately upon completing the course. Options to register and receive CME credit or register at a reduced price which does not include CME credit.
- Information on where to take your certification exam