MACRA Tools and Resources
CMS Resources for MACRA
AMA Resources for MACRA
ECG Management Consultants
Medicare and MACRA
MACRA—the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015—will implement the most extensive collection of changes to Medicare payment methodologies since RBRVS was introduced in 1992. The WSMA can help members cope with the dizzying pace of change as efforts to move physician payments from volume to value continues. For questions, contact Bob Perna (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Follow these three steps to prepare your practice for MACRA
The WSMA is collaborating with the AMA in offering the following robust yet simplified program of education on MACRA.
1. Preparing your practice for value-based care
This AMA online module
will help you make the shift to value-based care. (See also: Guide to physician-focused payment models
2. Understanding MACRA
Summary of CMS Final Rule on MACRA (six pages) and MACRA "one-pager"
Understanding the Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS)
Understanding Alternative Payment Models (APMs)
3. MACRA checklist
Whether you ultimately participate in an alternative payment model or MIPS, take these five steps to position your practice for success.
WSMA MACRA education
The WSMA offers several OnDemand programs designed to guide you in preparing to participate—and succeed—in these new payment models, no matter the size of your practice.
- CMS’ Proposed Changes to the QPP (MACRA) Program - This free one-hour webinar, co-sponsored by the WSMA, the Oregon Medical Association and the Idaho Medical Association, was offered live on Tuesday, Aug. 1, 2017.
- MACRA: CMS Final Rule – Refining Your Strategy - This free conference, co-sponsored by WSMA and the Washington State Hospital Association, was originally offered live Wednesday, Dec. 14, 2016.
- MACRA and Value-Based Care: Creating Your Organization's Strategy - This free conference, co-sponsored by WSMA and the Washington State Hospital Association, was originally offered live on Wednesday, Nov. 9, 2016. Conference materials are posted below.
- MACRA – Setting the Foundation - This free one-hour presentation, co-sponsored by WSMA and the Washington State Hospital Association, was originally offered live on Wednesday, Oct. 12, 2016.
- Creating Physician-Focused Alternative Payment Models: A Practical Workshop for Physicians - This four-hour presentation was originally offered live on Saturday, June 25, 2016, and co-sponsored by WSMA and MGMA-Washington. Presented by Harold D. Miller.
Driving the Bus or Under the Bus? Creating a Physician-Led Approach to Value-Based Care - This free one-hour webinar is presented by Harold D. Miller.
For more information and to view these programs, visit our OnDemand – Practice Operations page.